Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for a closer look
Hill's™ Science Diet™
Puppy Large Breed
It takes high quality nutrition to meet the needs of a large breed dog, and Hill's™ Science Diet® Puppy Large Breed pet food has it. For puppies who will weigh more than25 kg when fully mature, Hill's™ Science Diet™ Puppy Large Breed pet food promotes healthy muscle and bone development as well as properly controlled growth so large breed puppies grow healthy and sound. It also includes an antioxidant blend for a lifetime of good health plus L-carnitine, a special nutrient shown to enhance bone strength and structure. It is enhanced with natural DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid vital in the development of the brain and nervous system in puppies.
Large breed puppies (over 25kgs when adult) up to 1 year old.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or nursing dogs because of a lower energy density and lower calcium content (compared to Hill's™ Science Diet™ Puppy Original). Pregnant or nursing dogs should be fed Hill's™ Science Diet™ Puppy Original or Hill's™ Science Diet™ Puppy Small Bites.
- Adult or mature adult dogs.
|Superior Antioxidant Formula||A higher level of vitamins E + C versus major competitive brands.|
A powerful combination of antioxidants helps ensure that puppies develop a healthy immune system.
Antioxidants are known to help slow cell oxidation.
|Enhanced with Natural DHA||Important for brain and vision development.|
|High L-Carnitine||Helps develop lean muscles and strong bones to grow healthy, vigorous puppies.|
Promotes fat metabolism by working to turn fat into energy.
Supports a healthy heart and healthy liver function.
|High-Quality Protein||Helps build strong bones and muscles. Helps ensure optimal growth and development.|
|Nourishing Fatty Acids||Help maintain proper function of nervous and immune systems, as well as promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.|
|Digestible Carbohydrates||Supply abundant energy for active puppies, while promoting gentle digestion.|
|Vitamins and Minerals||Provide an ideal balance of vitamins and minerals for growing puppies.|
|Naturally Preserved||Mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E) preserves freshness and great taste.|
Daily Feeding Guide:
- Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For pregnant or nursing large breed dogs feed Science Diet™ Puppy Healthy Development.
- New to this food? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- Your pet's nutritional needs may change as they age. Ask your vet at every checkup.
- Science Diet™ is available in a wide variety of dry foods, wet foods and treats for your pet's unique needs.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2.0 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (55 g)|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||1 cup (110 g)|
|8.0 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 cups (160 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 3/4 cups (190 g)|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||3 cups (325 g)||2 1/2 cups (270 g)|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||5 cups (540 g)||4 cups (430 g)||3 1/4 cups (350 g)|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||6 2/3 cups (720 g)||5 1/2 cups (595 g)||4 1/2 cups (485 g)|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||7 cups (755 g)||5 1/2 cups (595 g)|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||8 1/4 cups (890 g)||6 1/2 cups (700 g)|
|120.0 lb (54,4 kg)||7 1/2 cups (810 g)|
|140.0 lb (63,5 kg)||8 1/3 cups (900 g)|
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 3488 kcal/kg
|Vitamin C||221 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||605 IU/kg|
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Iodized Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Tryptophan, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Calcium Carbonate, L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.